Field Based Business Development Manager
Northern Gas & Power is the UK’s market leading SME energy brokerage and consultancy. Northern Gas & Power offers business consumers impartial advice and help in understanding their energy tariffs. With your help our clients can select the energy supply tariff and a range of products to reduce their energy consumption and lower their carbon footprint. These energy saving products include smart meters, carbon offsetting, state-of-the-art circuit level monitors, energy audits and more.
Our success is a reflection of our people, so being a great business depends on us having great people
We have ambitious growth plans and are now looking for ambitious sales people who are hungry to make money.
(Up to £25,000 basic salary, plus un-capped commission + Mobile, Laptop, Car & Mileage allowance)
- The Business Development Manager will work to grow Northern Gas and Powers profits through attracting new customers and by increasing the spend of existing customers.
- This role is one that is challenging and also rewarding, giving the successful candidate an opportunity to really develop an interesting career in business strategy.
- The Business Development Manager would take a proactive approach and provide expertise in the areas of Business Development including:
- Locating and identifying potential sales opportunities by building own prospective pipeline
- Approaching businesses and senior decision makers
- Business networking
- Building relationships and providing an amazing experience by representing Northern Gas and Power brand professionally
- Discussing Energy and Water requirements with prospects and providing them solutions using Northern Gas and Powers products & services
- Managing assigned location
- Responsible for personal productivity and performance
This is a highly flexible, role and will require the post-holder to work across the business (including national travel) communicating effectively with colleagues and customers of all levels and building and maintaining highly effective relationships. This role requires an individual with an energised, creative and solutions-focused approach to ensure targets are delivered in a manner that supports the growth of the business.
Working for Northern Gas and Power
Are you looking to make a difference? We are on a mission to transform the utility services market.
Northern Gas & Power is a fast-growing, innovative business, re-shaping the way businesses buy and manage their electricity, gas and water.
- Offices in UK, Europe, North America and India.
- Building a fantastic reputation for outstanding service.
- Fantastic progression opportunities due to our growing departments.
- Excellent basic salary, plus bonus schemes!
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, meaning a great work/life balance.
- Excellent holiday allowance, which increases based on length of service.
- Wide range of benefits for all of our employees
Responsibilities and Skills required
- Minimum of 24 months business development experience
- Ability to self-generate own sales opportunities including scheduling appointments, preparing and delivering presentation to the client, having researched their business and requirements
- The ability to work as part of a team supporting colleagues where necessary.
- A proven track record in strong presentation skills is essential in the role of Business Developer.
- Business Developers need a strong track record of business-to-business sales at a corporate level.
- A Business Developer will need to have strong research and strategic analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to cold call potential clients with confidence are key for a successful business developer.
- Business Developers need to be skilled at agreeing and closing deals with clients.
- Proven record of achieving stretching sales targets
- Ability to work on sales follow-up activities.
- Maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business, is a key role within Business Development
- Accurately complete all customer admin and sales documentation
- Ensure all sales information is kept up to date for effective reporting
- To adhere to the company’s compliance regulations. All sales are generated in line with our quality standards
- Professionally represent the company at all times
- Excellent organisational skills are essential
- Work well under pressure
- Must be able to operate Microsoft Office and associated programs.
- Must hold a full clean driving licence
- All applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
- Knowledge of the energy sector is useful but not essential because we offer a comprehensive training programme
- Ideally background in business to business selling in industries such as Water, Telecoms, IT, Insurance, Energy
- Evidence of existing client contact list (non-energy) with the expectation of delivering to target straight away