Yet another energy supplier announces major price hike – beat the rises with NGP
Yet another major UK energy supplier has announced a price rise as SSE confirmed its electricity prices would shoot up by 14.9 per cent in April.
Its gas prices will remain unchanged, but it’s still a blow for household and small business customers who will see bills rise by around £73 per year (small household).
Energy price rises are as inevitable as death and taxes – the only way to beat them and to secure the best value is to speak to the experts at NGP and let us negotiate your energy contracts on your behalf.
Four of the other big six suppliers have already announced price rises this year, while British Gas has held prices until August.
- Scottish Power’s standard electricity prices will increase by an average of 10.8% and gas by 4.7% on 31 March.
- Npower is raising its standard tariff electricity prices by 15% from 16 March, and gas prices by 4.8%
- EDF Energy cut its gas prices by 5.2% in January, but its electricity prices rose by 8.4% on 1 March
- British Gas is freezing its gas and electricity prices until August
- On is increasing electricity prices by an average of 13.8%, and gas prices by 3.8%, on 26 April
NGP has buying power and exclusive supply deals with major energy suppliers – this means we can secure your business a much better price than is available anywhere else.
It’s not a scary process – our energy experts are on hand right now to help you get on top of your energy cost saving. In fact, we make your life easier by taking care of the admin for you, too.
Northern Gas and Power works with businesses of all sizes to help them reduce their energy bills. If you want to reduce the amount you pay for your energy, contact us today.back to news